My Bio

Sunday, June 19, 2005

PowerPoint and Story Boards

I recently began an online class in PowerPoint, and I think I’ve found a new use for the software application. Then again, maybe someone has been doing this for years.

When writing short fiction (which is the only type of fiction I’ve attempted so far), I always have a hard time blocking out the story. I figured I might be able to use PowerPoint as a story board, outlining a scene on each slide. I wondered how many slides I could include on one page and still be able to read the text. I printed out six slides (of a presentation that I had created for my online class) on one page and decided that my idea was doable (ooh, is that a real word?). I think I’ll give it a try the next time I write a short story.

No comments:

Post a Comment